Traditionally, men have always kept it simple when it came to skincare. However, in recent years, men have realized that maintaining a healthier, and younger-looking skin is essential to their looks and overall well-being. This has paved a way for men to educate themselves on how to take good care of their skin in addition to developing a skincare routine that allows them to achieve this. There may be differences between a man’s skin and that of a woman, however, the elements involved in the skincare plans are pretty much identical.
The Best SKIN Management for MEN
The first step to an effective skincare routine or plan is to understand and identify your skin type. Your skin type is either sensitive, normal, dry, oily or a combination (oily in some areas and dry in others)
Once you succeed in identifying what your skin type is, this will help you learn how to take care of your skin and what products to use.
Here are a few tips recommended by dermatologists to help men develop effective and healthy skincare routines:
- Check Product ingredients. Always choose skin care products that are compatible with your skin type. For example, use cleansers or moisturizers that are oil-free or non-comedogenic so as not to clog your pores. Use mild, preferably, fragrance-free products for sensitive skin because scented products usually cause irritation and leave your skin dry most of the time.
- Skin Care for Men’s Face. Never use a regular bar of soap to wash your face as this contains ingredients that are harsh to your skin and it causes dryness as well. Go for a facial cleanser instead and wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Shaving Technique. Pay attention to your shaving technique. Although multi-blade razors are very effective and enable you to shave too closely to your skin, you may experience razor burns, bumps, ingrown hairs, etc. Therefore, it is preferable to use single or double-blade razors instead and try not to stretch your skin while shaving. Also, always shave in the direction of hair growth but first, wet skin and hair to make shaving easier and faster. Make sure to replace your old blades with new ones after 5 to 7 shaves.
- Use Moisturizers. Using a moisturizing cream helps trap water in your skin to combat dryness which promotes the appearance of fine lines. Moisturizers also make your skin look younger and brighter. For best results, it is recommended that you apply the moisturizer immediately after showering while the skin is still damp.
- Have Your Skin Checked Visit your dermatologist every now and then to check up on your skin.
- Protect Skin from UV Rays. Exposing your skin to the sun’s ultra-violet rays for too long can cause damage to your skin. Therefore, try to avoid that as much as you can use hats, sunglasses or applying sunscreens to ensure that your skin is protected.
In conclusion, it is important to know that every man has a different skin type and if a particular skincare product works for one man, it may not necessarily work for another. Therefore, seek the advice of a dermatologist if you’re not sure.
Enjoy Your Exclusive Free Trial with Lumin
For your skin to look its finest, Lumin is offering you a free trial which will be based on your skin type and your personal skin management needs.
You can start your free trial with one of three sets based on your needs which will be delivered to your doorstep. The set you pick is free and you will only be required to pay for shipping.
Lumin skin management products are easy to use and are designed to deliver quality.